Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pillows and a chance of Lady Bugs

So I got a little bit more done on my Sue Hillis cross stitch. Getting closer to finishing it although a part of me is saying enough already and lets go to a new project. I was perusing a blog that I found through a magazine at work and found a nifty tutorial on making a pillow. http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2008/09/petal-pillow-tutorial.html I'm going to head to Jo Ann's tomorrow and get the fabric I need to make this nifty little pillow just to break the monotony. I also have the lovely pleasure of going to my quilting bee tomorrow and basting one of the log cabins I have. Will post pictures as I finish.
     As I was sleeping last night I had a great idea for an item that I want to put together and either sell or give as a gift. It depends on how well it turns out. I want to do a lady bug set. I have a design in my head for a wooden box and a quilt and a set of pillows. The main event of this lovely set will be a cross stitch by Joan Elliot called the Lady Bird. I've bought the backing fabric and have decided to turn this into a pillow.
   Just trying to throw my ideas out before they vanish from my head. As always thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment