Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Introduction

    My name is Wendy and I'm 30 years old. I've been a quilter for nearly three years. I actually got my introduction in quilting with reading the Elm Creek Quilter series by Jennifer Chiaverini. I looked for a teacher and got one when I started working for Goodwill. The first quilt I made was actually finished by someone I met through an online group. The second quilt I made was the one that got me my job at Michael's.
    For the past three years I've been trying to find niche by trying different things. I have a few UFO's that I'm going to try to finish this year. I'm facing a few problems getting them done. 1) I have the worse case of ADD. I see something that I want to try and I immediately race out to do it. I get maybe three quarters of the way into it and get bored with it. After talking to several other people who craft this is not uncommon. A lady who owns a blog that I follow has been going through her UFO stash and quilting like a mad woman and she's been my inspiration for getting my butt in gear.
2) I have a hard time trusting myself and my decisions. Nothing seems like a good idea at the time and I'm not sure where my next step is going to be.
3) I have a severe crutch that I've been having a hard time letting go of. I lost my dad last summer and I feel like everything I ever wanted to be or ever could be went with him. It's been so hard letting go and it's been hard finding my way.
  I'm hoping this blog will be a way to conquer these things and maybe let go some of the hurt, anger and fear I have inside me. I want to be able to make friends and share my triumphs and have someone to push me if I stray from this goal.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment