Monday, March 26, 2012

Setting up for the rest of the year

So Saturday I was at working working on my current cross stitch and I thought about the projects I've started but never finished. I made a list of them and have some sort of a plan in conquering them.

1) The current cross stitch by Sue Hillis. I am in the process of finishing it this week. I still have a lot of filling in to do before I detail it but I'm closer than I was.
2) A purple and green log cabin quilt. The top is done but I need to quilt it. I have a quilting bee on Wednesday where I plan on basting it so i can get it quilting this week.
3) A green and brown log cabin ( yes I love log cabins!) that was supposed to be an anniversary gift to my husband a few years ago. I have it sorta basted and partially quilted. I'm hoping to have it done in the next few weeks.
4) A coca cola quilt. My goal is to have it done by Christmas. It is....... a mess. I've been working on it for at least two years and never quite finished the piecing.
5) American Beauty Sampler Quilt- Saw the ladies at my bee working on this a year or so ago and thought it looked idiot proof enough so I ordered it from Keepsake Quilting. I have one and a half of the blocks pieced. As I get time I'm going to try and get a block done once a week and go from there. That's another one I would love to have done by Christmas.
6) The Jo Ann's BOM quilt from last fall. I have most of the blocks pieced. just need to finished the blocks and buy the kit it takes to put it together. Not sure on a time frame yet
7) Cinderella Cross stitch by Joan Elliot. Have enough of the stitching done it to call it a UFO. I really want to have it done in time for a gift for a friend's little girl's birthday in May.
8) Garden Fairy cross stitch by Joan Elliot. I have something special in mind for this one. I've had a thing for lady bugs lately and I plan on turning it into a pillow and putting a corresponding quilt with it using a pattern by Jennifer Chiaverini.

As you can see it is a long list but with bits and pieces done here and there I might be able to feel like I've accomplished something this year. As each project is finished I will post pictures and would love opinions. Thank you again for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment