Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chaos and Crooked seams

I haven't blogged in a while and thought today would be a great day to do it. I started working on my Civil War block of the month in earnest today. I started the piecing last week and started working on the borders of the first block today and realized that my flying geese were out of whack. Luckily for me I have more than enough fabric to redo them and still have enough fabric for the other blocks that require the remnants from this month's block.
   I've also been working on my cross stitching. I have a bit of deadline with the Pirate one. As I get closer to finishing it, I'm finding myself getting tired of it and ready to go to something else. I'm hoping to have it done by Friday so I can drop it off to the frame shop. I've been taking the Joan Elliot Fairy to work and working on it at lunch. I have maybe 20 or so stitches in it already and it looks like drops of red paint on the fabric.
   In other news, I bought this shiny firefly fabric from Jo Ann's a few weeks ago and I've been trying to figure out what to do with. A friend of mine gave me a book with some old patterns in it and one of them is a LeMoyne star pattern that I'd really like to try with dark jewel tones. I'm going to one of the quilt shops here tomorrow to ask some advice on what would look good before I embark on that journey. The good news is if I need to order the fat quarters from work, I can. The only fly in the ointment is I'll have way more fabric than I'll need. So it's a serious Catch-22.
   Anyway, that's everything that's new in my world. Thanks for listening.

PS If anyone has any suggestions for flying geese, I'd totally appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment